Hello everyone, and thank you so much for your support and lovely comments following our launch last week. We really appreciate the response that we have had. We would like to welcome our followers and hope to see the numbers growing!
It is great to see the entries to the challenge starting to arrive now. Why not grab your crafty materials, and create something using the inspirational picture and colour swatch from our current challenge. You can enter using the Inlinkz link by clicking here
This week there is more inspiration from our Design Team for you, using the designated colours from the challenge. First of all, we have a sample from Asha :
Our second offering is from Shirley who has very kindly given us a tutorial for you on how to make her beautiful card:
You will need:
Cardstock- smooth watercolour or mixed media, red, turquoise
Distress Inks- Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers
Ranger Archival Ink- Vermillion
White Gellyroll Pen
Large embossing stylus
Large red brad
Non stick craft mat
Holly Flourish Die
1. Create the background on smooth watercolour or mixed media paper with the three Distress Inks using the Acrylic Block technique, (see Glenda's Monday Mojo tutorial using this technique).
2. Stamp the snowflake from Snowflake Flourish with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink randomly over the background.
3. Stamp the large and small flowers from Steampunk Christmas with Vermillion Archival ink on separate smooth watercolour paper.
4. Colour the flowers with Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink (using your craft mat, water and a brush).
5. Decoupage the flowers and add dimension by placing them on a sponge mat face down and dry emboss the back with a large stylus.
6. Add the brad to the centre and pop the flowers as shown on the background.
7. Stamp Joy from Steampunk Christmas with Vermillion Archival Ink.
8. Highlight the flowers & Joy with a white jellyroll pen.
9. Add red die cut holly flourishes.
Thank you so much Shirley and Asha for your Christmas projects this week. We will be back next week with more inspiration from some of the Design Team for you. And don't forget, if you have any questions and you can't find the answers on here please send us a private message using the contact form located at the very end of this blog post, you will see it after the comments section.