New Challenge every month
A monthly challenge gives us time to prepare everything and gives you plenty of time to take part. We post a new challenge on the third Wednesday of the month, usually around 08.00 am.
You don't have to have a blog to enter the challenge - get your photograph from instagram or put in the URL of a photograph you have already put online using something like flickr or Picasa. You can email your photographs to email@example.com with your name, and we will upload them for you. You can view the Picassa album of email entries here
How to take partThe Colour Challenge
Each month we pick out four colours from an inspirational photograph and the challenge is for you to incorporate these colours into your own piece of artwork. Try to use all the colours, even if one or two are only very subtle, or blend in to the others - it's all part of the challenge. Black, white and neutrals may be used, especially if you need to colour skin tones, for example.
We deliberately have not named the colours so that you can use whatever materials you have in your stash, eg paints, inks, pencils, pens, etc, as long as you keep to the colours from the swatch in your project.
You can make whatever you like; a card, tag, box, scrapbook page, altered item, mixed media project, there are no limits. Just dig out those colours and get playing!
How to add your link
- If you have a blog, create your artwork and put it on your own blog first.
- At the bottom of our challenge post, click the blue button that says 'Add your link'. You will be presented with this screen:
- In the first box, bloggers should enter the full URL of the blog post containing your entry. Do not link to your blog's home page, we need the specific post with your photograph in it. (The URL is the address of your blog that starts with http:// or https:// - it appears at the top of your browser window. Right click on this URL and click copy.)
- If you don't have a blog, ignore the first box and in the bottom section choose one of the other options. Image URL allows you to enter the address of a photograph already online, eg flickr or Picasa; the camera icon is for Instagram users - choose this if your challenge entry is already uploaded to your Instagram account.
- Add your name in the second box at the top and your email address in the next box. We need your email address to enter you into the prize draw, but it will not be published on our blog.
- Inlinkz will show you your picture in the box and give you the option to crop if needed. Bloggers may see more than one image to choose from.
- Click done! and your link will then appear on our blog.
You then get the option to share your link on Facebook and other social media and we would love you to do that to help spread the word about our challenge blog!
How to win a prize
In order to win a prize, as well as matching the colours in the swatch, your artwork needs to feature Chocolate Baroque rubber or clear stamps, that are currently available on our website, as the main element of your design. We encourage you to use Chocolate Baroque stamps in your submissions. If you do not use Chocolate Baroque stamps in your entry, you will not be eligible for the prize, but you may be considered for our top three each month. Top three winners may display our badge on their blog.
The winner will be chosen by Random.org so that entrants of any ability stand an equal chance of winning the prize. The Top Three will be hand picked by the Design Team.
Challenge RulesMaximum of three entries per person.
No back linking to old projects please, we would like you to create a fresh piece of work, as the whole idea of this challenge is to inspire you to craft anew and to be more creative.
Prizes must be claimed within seven days of the announcement or they will be redrawn.
If you have any queries, please use the contact form at the bottom of the page. Your message is sent to Judith and Lesley so one of us will get back to you as soon as we can.